• Tell us in few words about you.
I am born in Paris where I currently live. I would say that in my work, I practice the assembly, in various forms (combinations of objects, images, words). I like to create mismatches and connections between elements that are a priori disparate.
• What motivated you to become an artist?
The need to give a concrete form to the images or the ideas that occupied my head and which had no reason to interest anyone else but me.
• What are your work process and techniques?
Most of the time, I work from existing elements. Objects that I collect, the images that I cut… Then I transform them and try to make them work together to produce something meaningful. My techniques are quite various but not very sophisticated: I cut, I paste, I sand, I saw, I drill, I paint, I model, I mold, I sew… I do not really control any of these techniques, but I have used them all at some time or another.
• Tell us a bit about your work habits.
A table, objects, pictures, magazines, books, and the disorder, a lot of disorder. I usually do not have to create it, it just happens after a few hours.
• What inspires and provokes imagination in you?
The objects that I find most of the time, the images that I cut, the phrases… and also artwork that I see, often the religious and popular art, museums of natural science, ritual objects, vernacular (class notebooks, intimate photos, letters….)
• Does your work reflect your person?
Of my inner life, certainly, but they do not necessarily correspond to the image I give of myself in life. Actually, I do not know after all.
• The word you prefer?
I don’t love a word more than another (like I don’t prefer a specific color). It depends on the context, with which other words that we assemble a word.
(interview with artist by ARTchipel Nov-2011)
- listlostlust reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- babylambkins reblogged this from wood-yeah
- babylambkins likes this
- ann-hall reblogged this from wood-yeah
- nestingsyndrome reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- funphotographytime reblogged this from artchipel
- oldmandavis likes this
- earthshaman reblogged this from liqueurdeformol
- liqueurdeformol reblogged this from nefferlemort
- hiddenflame likes this
- hiimakemyownpickles reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- navana reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- ambermist likes this
- o-o-o-o- likes this
- t-s-k-b likes this
- zoomag03 likes this
- iamababs likes this
- nefferlemort reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- nefferlemort likes this
- estebanczarnecki reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- tendercollarbones likes this
- hiimakemyownpickles likes this
- bronwyn likes this
- pessoasnapessoa reblogged this from miss-mary-quite-contrary
- daughterofthestars likes this
- accidentallydomesticated likes this
- miss-mary-quite-contrary reblogged this from wood-yeah and added:
- sundoor likes this
- onethru8 likes this
- buttsmonthly likes this
- appelschuur likes this
- minimalcompact likes this
- happiness-in-magazines reblogged this from artchipel
- teiten-kiroku likes this
- caleblukelin likes this
- justanotherfiction likes this
- thebakker likes this
- mypoet-tree likes this
- 191t likes this
- mylk-n-huny likes this
- beverleyshiller reblogged this from sirobtep
- whatevforev likes this
- exiled-and-alienated likes this
- jesseameliasterlingroth reblogged this from artchipel
- believeflo likes this
- peace-love-lace likes this
- artchipel posted this